Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daily Times Minus One

Joe

"Just thought I would forward to you my absolute frustration with this f'in rag. OK, today is Father's Day and it is 12:19 pm and no Sunday paper! I called earlier and they said they would get it right out to me. Well I think I'd be better waiting for the second coming because it still ain't here. On top of that, my paper is never here in the morning by the time I leave for work which is always around 6:30 am. Long story short, I emailed them and canceled by subscription today.

On a hysterical note, to do all this required me to set up an account to access my account. Once that was done you could not navigate because the majority of the tabs were not functioning. I finally stumbled across their customer service number on this manage account page and it sent me to 931-552-1808 - The Leaf Chronicle. The poor lady on the other line had no idea what I was talking about but at least she answered the phone. Other calls to extension 221 - circulation manager - were rerouted right back to the main menu.

What a waste of my time and trees. Good riddance Daily Times, hello sbynews.com and foxnews.com."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same trouble when I tried to cancel my subscription a few weeks ago. I finally emailed them and actually did receive one back confirming. I kept this because when I go onto my account, it says that it is being held for vacation.

I will keep watching my bank account because it was directly withdrawn each month.

Good luck.

LetterWriter said...

I subscribed to the DT awhile back. I only paid for a 6 month subscription, and at the end of the 6 months I simply didn't pay for another. Anyway, I got a call from their collections department because I hadn't paid for my subscription renewal. I told the lady that I never renewed my subscriptions. She said, well we've been sending you newspapers, you need to pay for them. I couldn't have told you when the 6 months began or ended because I didn't keep track. I just assumed they'd stop delivering when the subscription ended. I've never heard of anyone doing business that way--supplying a service without commitment or payment from someone and then demanding reimbursement. I told her that was completely absurd and I would never subscribe to the paper again and hung up. Needless to say, I haven't heard from them since, nor have I paid for another paper. Maybe I'm the idiot, I don't know, but it just didn't make any sense!

Anonymous said...

My friend:

There ain't nothing worth reading in today's Daily Times, anyway.

Look for Gannett to dump that hunk of junk any day now. Bassett better start looking for another rag.

Anonymous said...

"foxnews.com"????

Don't forget the study that demonstrated that Fox News viewers knew less correct information about current events than a person guessing answers with a coin toss.

There's a real attempt to misinform over there at Fox. Don't fall for it.