Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Update on Murder in Berlin

19 year old Michael Mitchell Jr. of Henry Rd. in Berlin was found beaten to death.
Found at Decatur Farms. He was attending a graduation party with students from Stephen Decatur High School. His father works for Worcester County landfill. Good family.
More to come....

Update as of 12 noon:
Allegedly, the person who killed Michael was a local businessman's son. It was over a girl. The alleged killer rode by Michael while he was walking from one party to another. Words were exchanged. Then the killer got out of his vehicle with a bat and struck Michael in the head.

I have more info including names, but I choose not to release it at this time.
Justice will be served.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two more armed robberies yesterday here in Salisbury. Good thing crime is down.

BossHogg said...

This is very sad news.

Anonymous said...

How awful. What is this world coming to?

Anonymous said...

I know the family and cannot fathom the pain they are enduring. What a F%$#KING waste of a life!!!
My parayers go out to the family.
Mike Ash

Anonymous said...

wow. and to think that i go to this school. im so upset and i didnt even know michael. many prayers to the family.

Anonymous said...

I know this is not the most appropriate time or place to make this observation, but if violence on tv and other places weren't so prevalent, then perhaps a person this age would know how to deal with a situation without using violence. Last night on tv there were several regular network shows with violence, gratuitous violence, as the main storyline.
How can we teach our young people to deal with issues without violent tactics when harming and killing comes so easily everywhere they look?

Anonymous said...

Anon 1:20, No disrespect towards you but not so sure that i agree with your comment. We have to take responsibility for our actions. I watch tv and listen to the radio and none of these programs make me want to act out at all!!! Frankly, i have heard this all my life!! That damn music makes people do the craziest things!! I have never ever been in trouble with the law and i am now 43 years old.

Tax Guy said...

I agree with Anon 1:46.

My 9 year old son KNOWS that TV and music lyrics are not real world. Why, because I tell him. I take responsibility for him, teach him reality and morals. He acts appropriately because of it.

This is also the same son who I watch violent movies, stupid viral videos on the internet, and sing rock songs with. Shoot, Jackass is a family film in my household (skipping the sexual or naked parts)

STOP BLAMING SOCIETY FOR NOT DOING YOUR PARENTING JOBS.

Anonymous said...

It is a shame that you must take a test to drive. but you can have the I.Q. of a turnip and have children