Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Controlled Burn In Powellville







I thought I'd deliver some additional photos of the controlled burn in Powellville last week. This opportunity for local Firefighters to engage in practices needed to further their experience is critical to all property owners and they're very grateful to have the opportunity to take down aging structures no longer in use.

My personal experience there is one in which I'll never forget. Again, I thank everyone for that opportunity and look forward to not only visiting future burns like this but I'll also be able to better express just what they're doing with a far greater understanding.

On a personal note. It was really cool watching some of the "blue flames" coming out of this fire. It was burning copper and put off quite a show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these photos are awesome looking!! i love fire photos

SunnyInOC said...

Those pics are works of art, Joe. Especially the first 3. Wow!!!