Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 23, 2008

Latest McCain News

STOCKTON, Calif. (May 22) - Republican John McCain on Thursday rejected endorsements from two influential but controversial televangelists, saying there is no place for their incendiary criticisms of other faiths.

McCain rejected the months-old endorsement of Texas preacher John Hagee after an audio recording surfaced in which the preacher said God sent Adolf Hitler to help Jews reach the promised land. McCain called the comment "crazy and unacceptable." He later repudiated the support of Rod Parsley, an Ohio preacher who has sharply criticized Islam and called the religion inherently violent.

McCain issued a statement Thursday afternoon announcing his decision about Hagee. "Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well," he said. Later, in Stockton, he told reporters: "I just think that the statement is crazy and unacceptable." Then in an interview with The Associated Press, McCain said he rejected Parsley's support, too."I believe there is no place for that kind of dialogue in America, and I believe that even though he endorsed me, and I didn't endorse him, the fact is that I repudiate such talk, and I reject his endorsement," McCain told the AP.Hagee had sparked controversy since the San Antonio pastor endorsed McCain on Feb. 27 shortly before the Texas presidential primary. Parsley's views were aired Thursday in an ABC News report.

Hagee has referred to the Roman Catholic Church as "the great whore" and called it a "false cult system." He also has linked Hitler to the Catholic church, suggesting it helped shape his anti-Semitism. And Hagee said Hurricane Katrina was God's retribution for homosexual sin. McCain has faced a barrage of criticism over Hagee, with some comparing the situation to the controversy Democrat Barack Obama faced over the views of his longtime and now former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.McCain tried Thursday to draw a distinction between the Obama-Wright connection and his own relationships with Parsley and Hagee, saying Hagee was not his pastor."My church I attend is North Phoenix Baptist Church; my pastor and spiritual guide is Pastor Dan Yeary," McCain said. "I've never been to Pastor Hagee's church or Pastor Parsley's church. I didn't attend their church for 20 years. I'm not a member of their church."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need a president who rejects all of the religious nutballs.

Anonymous said...

All of these icidents play very well towards the elites' goal of destroying Christianity. They choose to highlight only the outrageous of so-called Christian speakers. The fact of the matter remains: Adolf Hitler was born of a Jewish Mother, and the creation of Israel was not possible without the atrocities of WWII. Furthermore, Prescott Bush along with George Herbert Walker and the Harriman brothers, laundered Thyssen's Nazi money through Union Bank in New York City. They were all members of the American Nazi Party - and all of them members of the elite and secret Order of Death at Yale University, aka Skull and Bones. No, I am not a liberal Democrat! John Kerry (George W. Bush's 7th cousin) is also a member of Skull and Bones. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I know Hagee personally. He was divorced from his first wife because he was whoring around. Takes one to know one, huh?! McCain was right to reject his endorsement, and that of any other zealot. Religious or other type.

Anonymous said...

All of these icidents play very well towards the elites' goal of destroying Christianity.

Let's be honest, the loudmouth "christians" seem to be doing a pretty good job of this themselves.

Wymzie said...

Sunny,
I reported on this very story a couple of months ago and again a few weeks ago.
McCain was aligning himself with two men and even went to Haggee's church and spoke.
Both Haggee and Parsely are "Pre-Tribulationists' and they believe in order for the second coming of Christ to occur, the rebuilding of Solomons Temple must first take place. This Tempe is under the Huge Dome of the Rock Mosque in Downtown Jerusalem.
For this to happen would mean all out meltdown of any peace in the middle east Ha!
As I stated in my article, the God that I serve is a Big God and I don't think that He needs any help in sending his Son back to earth by pushing any agenda onto the Presidents of the United State plate!
These guys are Zionist and they want to speed up the process and think that God is using them and their influence to do so.

Anonymous said...

wymzie- you are so right. Hagee makes a pilgrimmage to Israel every year, or at least last time I heard, taking the choir with him. People join his church and choir just to get to Israel. And it isn't because he supports the Jews, that's for sure. He is anti-Semitic, anti-Catholic, and a total scumbag, IMHO. (Wouldn't want him to sue me if he reads this, LOL!).

Tim Chaney said...

The pilgrimage to the Rock at Mecca LoL I have a friend that retired from NASA and an astronomer thinks the rock they worship is a meteorite, however that has never been proven because of course nobody will allow a sample to be taken.

Who was there first isn't like the what came first, chicken or egg theory, the temple underneath is the answer as to whom was their first. I don't think Armageddon to find out is something I want to be part of. The destruction of earth doesn't need any help, people are doing a fine job of that already.

Anonymous said...

Well i think this is just another plus in the column for McCain. It shows he is more interested in moral standards and doing the right thing than getting a few more votes. My hats off to Mr McCain. Although there are a few things I don't like about McCain I think the pluses outweigh the minuses. Good job Mr. McCain continue to stand up for what is right.