Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Skipjack's Update

Now that the article has been produced, boy oh boy how the information is flying in! I'm told the a former inspector for the Liquor Board did in fact go to the location and measured the distance between the physical location of Skipjack's and the School and even with using the sidewalks on the path from one to the other it measured only 380 feet. The required minimum is 500 feet.

If you took the path by the way a crow flies it's around 300 feet! I'm also informed a second Inspector came out and measured and once again it did not qualify. It should be noted, I am NOT an expert and I have NOT measured this myself.

I have worked with the Wicomico County Liquor Licensing Commissioners and quite frankly I found them very professional and detailed. Some how someone dropped the ball on this one and I'm told anyone who attempts to measure this distance should get the same results as I've posted here.

I was also informed this business location, (Skipjack's) doesn't have enough parking for a restaurant anyway. That being said, unless they open a Beer & Wine Store, it's probably not going to happen anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE READ COMMENT AT OTHER "SKIPJACKS" ARTICLE!!!

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Who owns this gin joint.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of beanie-weanies:

Heard that Fireball's Deli on the Downtown Plaza is kaput -- what's the story?