Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Correct Me If I'm Wrong?

ADOPTED:

Total Budget $42,834,930

Fund Breakdown:
General $29,289,244
Parking Authority $804,802
Water and Sewer $12,669,100
Marina $59,816
Septage $11,968

That being said, isn't $10,200,000.00 more than 25% of the ENTIRE City Budget that just sort of disappeared without notice? Yet, it was there?

If YOU were fortunate enough to have, let's say, $10,000.00 in YOUR Bank Account and $2,500.00 just disappeared, would YOU notice that something was out of whack? Now do it in the Millions and YOU'RE a Professional CPA!!!!!!

Yeah, I'd say not only should some heads roll, temination is in order. It really is that simple. Makes you truly wonder about that 14% Tax Increase, eh?

GO HERE to READ the Audit! Don't just bitch about it, read it for yourself and see what this Mayor has done to YOUR money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I were an accountant, what would keep me from subtracting a certain amount from both columns A and B under income, and NOT adding either column to the general ledger? (Aside from loosing my job) When these column amounts are discovered at audit and labeled surplus, who's to say how much money actually belongs in either of these columns? How can you know? As I said, I'm no accountant, but I can add up both A & B columns. Question is can I alter either of them & get away with it?