Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 25, 2008

Joe, You Hurteded My Feewings :-(


GO HERE to see the actual Post.

January 17, 2008
Mistaken technology and exaggeration

SALISBURY — I want to correct a false assumption made about me.

I was portrayed in a post Tuesday on Joe Albero’s Salisbury News blog under the headline, “The Daily Times Is Desperate To Compete.”

I just came across it, and I have to tell Joe that all of it is wrong. Yes, all of it. I shouldn’t be surprised.

Most of time, about 99 percent, I don’t correct the falsehoods I find written here. That’s not to say I don’t make mistakes either. I have. I correct them. But this deserves a retraction.

I don’t own a BlackBerry. That’s a Verizon Envy. Look closely, it’s a cell phone. I was texting.

He made a blatant miscalculation, and I was upset. Then I realized so many errors might occur because Joe can’t see.

This mistake on its own, while pretty big since Joe was within arms reach of me, isn’t what is frustrating. It’s that he took his own error, and exaggerated it to a story about how I was posting to our Web site. I did no such thing. Search our Web site, there are no web hits by me Tuesday. Joe never even asked me what I was doing. And I know he couldn’t see what I was doing. If he had, he would have realized I had my phone.

In fact, I had no time to post to our Web site because I wrote four stories Tuesday. I will admit there was one error, but it was derived from the source. I checked my notes Wednesday, and the source said $99,000 per month. It was really $99,000 per quarter, he said a day later.

Joe, you are a creative writer, but you might need to get your eyes checked. Then again, maybe you just see what you want to.

Next time, just ask me what I’m doing. I always do for you and everyone else I cover.

jgidjunis@dmg.gannett.com
410-845-4630

Posted at 6:00 PM

ROTFLMAO!

Joe, forgive me for hurting your feelings? By the way, notice how I put a link up to your Post. Show some respect and send your people to my Post and or a link to my Blog next time, OK. Enjoy the hits Joe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Joe, tell the man you're sowwy, he is just so damned cute I could pinch his cheeks.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
What about posting a retraction explaining you were wrong in what you posted. Most of the good new papers, news shows do that all the time when they are wrong.

Will you?

No you come back with a little half assed excuse saying your sorry for hurting his feeling. No one took that seriously! All you really wanted was to get plug in for your blog.

When will you ever get the facts before posting.

joe albero said...

Funny part is, I was at a friends house last night smoking a cigar and one of the guys started talking about this Blog Post about me. He explained how it was Joe G's Blog on The Daily Times. I thought to myself, NO WAY! It just sounded too unreal.

My friend pulled out his laptop and pulled up the article and we could NOT believe what we were reading!

Some wondered if this guy was a High School Student interning at The Daily Times, it was that bad.

Anyhow, no apologies here. Think about it Joe, who the hell would have the nerve to go up to someone and say, what are you doing, who are you text messaging? That's just idiotic!

Secondly, were you not on the clock for the Daily Times during a Council Meeting while text mesaging someone? Perhaps you should explain to your bosses why you were pounding away on your phone or whatever you call itwhile on the job.

Nevertheless, your request is immature and your sense of humor is about as funny as a wet fart.

As for the anti Abero Blogger asking me to retract my Post, BITE ME! He was on the clock and he was texting the Office. Oh, that reminds me Joe, NO ONE CAN CHECK THE RECORDS ON YOUR CELL OR IF YOU SENT A MESSAGE TO THE OFFICE, GET A GRIP. The original Post was funny and you are acting like a child. I cannot believe you were that stupid to post something about it.

You post a retraction when you're wrong. I personally believe you're lying and trying to get pitty from people so there will be no retraction.

As for hurting your feelings and apologizing, wook at dat chubby wittle face. How can you not apologize for hurting someones feelings like that? LOL

Tim Chaney said...

I'm not going to get into the fray about either post.

I will say if the paper was given misinformation, further proves that those who run the county liquor dispensaries just don't know what's going on, liquor sales need to go to privatized vendors and take the government out of it.

Anonymous said...

actually, he could prove, most cell providers give you acess to your records right online, you can see every text, to and from, and every phone call to and from.

Anonymous said...

My friend is foreman for the company he works for and his bosses told him to keep track of employees on their cell phone during work hours. My friend turns the numbers in every night and you know what? The employees gets docked for the time they are on the phone. One guy even asked why his check was 4.5 hrs short, he was told to stay off the phone during work time, he tried to dispute the pay cut until they told him to bring in his cell phone bill to prove it, he stopped talking on his phone after that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Joe & Joe:

Much Ado About Nothing