Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 14, 2007

Fire Chief (?) Responds

"Mr. Albero,

You are quite welcome to take pictures on my scene anytime you wish. However if you are endangered or taking gross explicit photos or in the way I can and will have you removed. An emergency scene belongs to the fire department until which time we turn the scene over to another agency or have completed our job. In other words to spell it out for you, if your home is on fire I own it until the fire marshal is completed his investigation. If you think I’m wrong try me!"

Granted, I cannot confirm which "Fire Chief" this is and or if it is officially Chief See. However, respectfully, I would love to get a phone call from Mr. See personally telling me this and I would gladly, (in writing here) keep that telephone call between he and I. 410-430-5349

IF this is Chief See, thank you. I have "NEVER" disrespected any fire or emergency location, ever. Hebron was a situation in which it was clearly taped off and the alleged Fire Chief, (the man claimed he was but turns out he was not) instructed me that I could not take "ANY" pictures and I never attempted to go anywhere near the tape line. I have plenty good equipment to take photos from a safe distance. Ultimately he was wrong and I was able to take all the photos I wanted, while respecting the Cold Zone or Hot Zone.

I respect the fact that a professional job needs to be done in all cases and I have no interest in breaking that respect, hence I have never been removed from a scene. I would warn ANY Fire Department that there are NO exclusive scenes and if I am not warranted the same opportunities there will be lawyers involved and certainly publicity along the way. Like I said, I would never disrespect a scene and I'm grateful for those professionals making sure we are "ALL" within a protected area and NOT in any ones way. On the Jersey Road scene, I'll have the one commenter know it was "I" who was there well before 47 News got there and they chose to stay at the distance "I" was at.

The information and photos I provide are done so to educate the public what has happened. I have no interest in hurt or dead people from these scenes, not my style. The only time I have done so was the motorcycle accident near the train where, (Thanks God) the gentleman was fine, just shook up. He had no issue with me taking those pictures, there was no blood and again, Thank God he was ok. I believe that was a scene with a positive outcome. Helmets were worn, the proper equipment was worn and in the end there was a positive turn out.

Chief, I look forward to your call and hopefully the two of us can hold a respectable conversation to better the environment for all parties involved.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe you do not belong on a fire scene!

You are not news media!

If there is fire tape there you will not pass it or you will be arrestted!

If the fire police tell you not to pass their location and you do.. you will be arrestted!

Talk is going around and the fire departments are waiting for you to mess up. AND IT WILL HAPPEN!

dan said...

Why in the world would you post a phone number on here?

joe albero said...

Dan, it is my telephone number and Chief See is welcome to call me at any time.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Joe you do not belong on a fire scene!

You are not news media!

If there is fire tape there you will not pass it or you will be arrestted!

If the fire police tell you not to pass their location and you do.. you will be arrestted!

Talk is going around and the fire departments are waiting for you to mess up. AND IT WILL HAPPEN!

12:14 PM


More threats!!! You rednecks need to get a life. Who is going to make the arrest?? The fire police, ROTFLMAO. They have no authority to remove anyone from the scene much less the autority to arrest or have someone arrested.

WatchfulEye said...

"Joe you do not belong on a fire scene!"

Why not? He is a citizen and certainly entitled to be wherever he wishes during a public event.

"You are not news media!"

Yes he is. He goes out, researches, reports and publishes. You just don't like what he has to say about you and the other racist asshole fire fighters.

"If there is fire tape there you will not pass it or you will be arrestted!"

Do you think the man is that stupid to cross fire tape??? Get a clue dickwad.

"If the fire police tell you not to pass their location and you do.. you will be arrestted!"

Again, do you think he is that stupid, dumbass?

"Talk is going around and the fire departments are waiting for you to mess up. AND IT WILL HAPPEN!"

Talk has been going around the city and we are waiting for YOU to screw up, and it HAS happened!

12:14 PM

Anonymous said...

Go ahead morons, make Joe's case for him. You have already stated you are waiting for him to screw up. A 2nd year law student could handle a case against you brainiacs. You fools are out here procreating. That is far more frightening than your threats.

Anonymous said...

Watchfuleye said, Why not? He is a citizen and certainly entitled to be wherever he wishes during a public event. The scene of an emergency is not a “Public Event”.

Anonymous said...

Don’t argue with this dickhead antagonizing him, you know he’ll push the issue. Please let it go.

WatchfulEye said...

SPD Officer said...
Watchfuleye said, Why not? He is a citizen and certainly entitled to be wherever he wishes during a public event. The scene of an emergency is not a “Public Event”.

How many people show up at the scene of a fire they hear on the scanner?

joe albero said...

anonymous 1:32,

Are you just retarded? Is it located on a public street? Or are all streets owned by the Fire Department?

In Delmar I stayed across the street and never went near the area the Fire Department was wroking in.

As a matter of fact, more neighbors were closer to the scene than I was. However, I had a telephoto lens that brought me right in.

Nevertheless, you pansie, use a name and stop acting like scared little girls. My guess, AGAIN, is that most of these comments are from See & Gordy.

I have yet to get a phone call either.

Anonymous said...

All we as emergency workers ask for from photographers is mutual respect since we both are there to do a job. Most photographers stay out of the way, take some pic’s and split. I’ve had few problems in the past though I am well familiar with the law and will take appropriate action if necessary. Most of us appreciate good photos to hang on station walls.

joe albero said...

watchfuleye,

I have NEVER gone to a scene of anything because of a scanner. I have either happened to come upon the scene, I was at the right place at the right time OR Fire Trucks came past my home and they lead me to a scene.

Even the Hebron accident was something I was on my way elsewhere, (the Sheriff's Deputy and alleged armed robbery on Nanticoke Road) and saw all the commotion on Rt. 50 and turned in.

Truthfully, I couldn't care less about those scenes and I'm NOT going to go out of my way for one unless it's a HAZMAT or something really important to the community.

Again, I'll repeat, I have NEVER used a scanner to go to any scene. Many have asked me if I heard it over the scanner and truth be known, hasn't happened.

So for the entire local Fire Departments to be so worried about me being at every fire, etc., they're stupid for acting that way.

joe albero said...

salisbury firefighter,

Thank you for a level headed response.

I should add to all my other comments. IF there is ever a picture any Fire Department and or Police Department needs from me, they are welcome to them. I do NOT charge any one of these organizations for my pictures.

My e-mail address is located on the main page and again if anyone needs a picture just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Joe i do agree with the salisbury firefighter yet when you take a picture use it to thank us for the job we are doing dont put us down while we are on the job. That is the ultimate offense i am saying this in good will trying to mend fences so please respect my wishes if not that is your choice.

Anonymous said...

Joe
Todd Dudek,...now Pat , Wayne are out there every day....do it at a safe distance to all and have at it. You do a good job.

WatchfulEye said...

Joe, didn't mean to imply that you listened in on a scanner. I know some people do. I probably should have been more clear. No harm, no foul, buddy?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Joe
Todd Dudek,...now Pat , Wayne are out there every day....do it at a safe distance to all and have at it. You do a good job.

3:02 PM


Yes this is correct, if you will notice Todd has an SFD type of ID tag issued by the FD. Is this legal? Does this mean the city assumes all liability if something happens to him or he causes a situation?

Anonymous said...

"Mr. Albero,

You are quite welcome to take pictures on my scene anytime you wish. However if you are endangered or taking gross explicit photos or in the way I can and will have you removed. An emergency scene belongs to the fire department until which time we turn the scene over to another agency or have completed our job. In other words to spell it out for you, if your home is on fire I own it until the fire marshal is completed his investigation. If you think I’m wrong try me!"


Joe, my suspicions tell me this is @sshole Sea or one of his power hungry deciples. They get in their little grab@ss group sessions and talk this power sh!t all the time. If they wanted power and authority they should have become a police officer, but many of them have had a troubled past and could never pass the battery of exams required.

On another note I saw Gordy on the fire scene during a minor crash on Rt. 50 have a fit because I trooper wouldn't lock someone up for him. He started jumping up and down and pointing like a spoiled brat and the trooper just laughed at him and drove on. F##king IDIOT!!!

A lot of these idiots think they "own" the scene until they turn it over to the police, but many times the chiefs have been arrested for not complying with a police officers orders. Many times the fire chief gets off, but it is usually only a professional courtesy. @ssholes like Gordy, See and Hopeless give the good firefighters a bad name.