Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 29, 2007

County Tax Rates

2007-2008 County Tax Rates
Below is a list of counties in Maryland, and their property tax rates in effect on July 1, 2007. *All rates are shown per $100 of assessment.

Note: The Department of Assessments and Taxation provides tax rate information on our website as a courtesy to the citizens of the State of Maryland. The Department does not regulate or collect taxes, these are functions of local governments. If you have questions regarding the rates listed below please contact the tax billing and collection office for the the appropriate County.

JURISDICTION COUNTY RATE TOWN/SPECIAL TAXING
DISTRICT TAX RATE

GO HERE for the results. It will blow you away.

5 comments:

WatchfulEye said...

We really are taxed to death! The new O'Malley taxes are just going to strangle us even more. No wonder people can't survive.

Tim Chaney said...

Just when I didn't think we could pay anymore in taxes, Gov'na O'Money gets elected.

When I bought this house almost 17 years ago the mortgage company and the realtors told me, "Oh you know you can borrow more than that." I did the right thing and bought something I could pay for even if I just had a job washing dishes.

I went through Maryland Bond at 7.25% interest fixed, and damn glad of that. However I do feel this year and maybe the next couple of years are going to be tough. Federal, state, county and city's are spending money at a record rates and I'm up to my neck in government debt whether I like it or not.

Accountability seems to be a big problem in all government entities.

I wonder how much Haliburton, Kellogg, Brown and Root will profit this year off of the war, even though they were caught over charging the FED in the billions of dollars?

Anonymous said...

Exactly why we have a TAX CAP which should not be removed.HARDHEAD

Anonymous said...

Good post -- stuff we will never read about in the Daily Times.

Scroll through the table -- it has the tax rates for all the municipalities, too -- and see that Salisbury's tax rate is now among the 3 or so highest on the Shore and among the highest in the State. See if you can find this data from a few years back and do a now/then comparison to see how Salisbury taxes have increased by double digits while in most other places it stayed the same or decreased.

Bummer

Anonymous said...

After reading this, I am glad where I work (LA County Tax). :)