Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 16, 2007

Dick Hazel Is Missing

Someone tipped me off that The Daily Times has a photo on their Website, HERE of Mr. Hazel. I called The Daily Times and asked very kindly if they would be so kind as to send me that photo so I can Post it and participate in helping find this missing person? The Daily Times refused to do so. So in order to PROVE I'm the better man/business/businessman, I have provided a link to The Daily Times in order for everyone to see just who Mr. Hazel is and who to keep an eye out for.

Here's a man who has to be one of the most giving people I know of and I know quite a few, believe me! I have NEVER met the man but I can assure you right here and now, I immediately asked the Sheriff's Department what I can do to help in their search for this man, even if it means getting in my car and driving around to help out.

The Daily Times stated that I was a "Competing Medium" therefore it was against Policy to provide me with a photo. I did argue that I do not sell papers, I do not sell ad space, how am I competition? The response was, "didn't you just blast us yesterday?" LOL! Well, yes I did, I said. However, I'm not competition in the form you say I am and it's about Dick Hazel, not competition. I also stated right from the very start that I would give 100% credit to The Daily Times for providing the photo, before they researched if they could provide it or not.

Mind you, the people I spoke with, (management) felt I should get a copy. However, they didn't want it coming back on them based on Policy. I asked the person I was speaking with to go back and watch It's A Wonderful Life and see right from wrong.

Anyhow, I hope my link to the Times helps you see who everyone is looking for and I truly hope this helps find the man sooner than later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know the daily rag thinks of you as competition Joe. I think it's a compliment.

WatchfulEye said...

Well, Joe, in my opinion, you are no competition. You are more honest and balanced than they are. You also have one other very large advantage--you are honest.

Anonymous said...

I'm late to this and grateful Mr. Hazel is found and safe.

As to the DT, damn shame that some people can't say "F policy, this is about human life."

You did the right thing linking to them, Joe.

A-holes can fault you all they want, but here people were more worried about a corporate ass-chewing than finding a human being since it's highly unlikely they would have been fired (though with Gannett, who knows).

Frankly, it makes me want to vomit. Both the DT and Gannett should be ashamed of themselves and take this opportunity to change policy to "except in cases where human life is at stake."

I think of other cases where media work together to find lost children, and again, I just want to vomit.

Anonymous said...

That rag is lower than dog shit.

Next time tell them you're calling for the NY Times -- really no competition.

Anonymous said...

Make that dessicated doggy doo!