Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 08, 2007

Let's Talk About Vacant Buildings


It's my understanding this building has been sitting empty for more than 3 years on the Plaza. I can see no real advertising to rent it? I see no For Sale sign on it? That being said, how is the Plaza supposed to bounce back if much of what is there is just sitting stagnant? I heard the owner of this building paid $310,000.00 and now wants $750,000.00 for the property, (down from $850,000.00). Pretty nice mark up and look how fast it's selling! What does the City Code say about these buildings just sitting around the City doing nothing? Should they come down like the old mall? Should we have a say in what happens to other people's investments?

1 comment:

joe albero said...

Might I suggest you look into your figures again? I'm pretty confident these are the numbers they're asking at the moment.

Besides, it's a "former" Bank, they don't make money there, therefore it's not worth anywhere near those kind of numbers anyway.