Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I Asked Several City Executives To Join Me Yesterday To Review The Graffiti Downtown...




Only one would join me and he works for the County. I confronted Barrie Tilghman who REFUSED to respond at all and just walked past me, IDIOT! John Pick sent me a very nice letter explaining his being busy that morning. Tom Stevenson started out with an agreement to join us, then he was going to send one of his officers with us, then he was told by the powers to be, (BARRIE TILGHMAN) NOT to have anything to do with me at all. I hope they spray paint YOUR house Barrie. Nevertheless, thanks Rick, you're a real gentleman.

4 comments:

Neighborhood Resident said...

I didn't vote for Mr. Pollitt, but so far what I've seen from him, I have not been disappointed. So far so good.

G®@pHiX said...

Tell you what there Joe boy. As a (legal) graffiti artist, I do believe I have a beneficial standing on how to curb the "crisis" of Salisbury graffiti. In fact I have an idea that I think would satisfy both the temptations of any graffiti artist's appetite as well as an effective way of removing graffiti and deterring future tags.

Simply "dealing with the culprits" will not solve it. Publicly speaking on the issue CERTAINLY will ATTRACT new taggers (especially inexperienced ones like Slak who make REAL graffiti ppl look like they can't hold a spray can).

But my ideas will only work if the City and it's property owners are willing to participate. I'm posting my addy, if you are a political or property owner who is interested, please email me and I will explain to you my thoughts.

graphix105-graffiti@yahoo.com

G®@pHiX said...

Caterina,
The answer to your question is YES! In fact, my idea would encourage graffiti artists to clean off the works of OTHER culprits as well. But of course if you would email me, I could email you my idea in it's entirety.

I agree, if you leave it there it will only get worse.

The funny thing though — even though I posted a comment offering to provide a possible solution to this "serious issue", I have only gotten two requests to even see my proposal and neither of them have provided any feedback, alternative ideas, or offered any involvement.

Seems the issue is not as urgent to people as I had thought?

Removing graffiti in USA said...

Overspray is a real nuisance and finding your car covered with overspray is the worst feeling. If you want to know Removing Graffiti in USA carefully, then come at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.