Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Trump says he will ban TikTok through an Executive Action

President Donald Trump on Friday told reporters he will act soon to ban Chinese-owned video app TikTok from the United States, NBC News reported.

Trump made the comments while chatting with reporters on Air Force One during the flight back to Washington from Florida.

"As far as TikTok is concerned we're banning them from the United States," Trump said, calling the action a "severance."

Trump did not specify whether he will act through an executive order, or another method. such as a designation, according to NBC News.

"Well, I have that authority. I can do it with an executive order or that," Trump said.

A TikTok spokesperson told NBC News that the app helped to create jobs across the U.S. and was committed to user privacy.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tic tac, MyBook, Facespace, Twatter, Luckedin, Interwebs, ScareDate, etc.

Dumbed down the next generation, who by the way as of yesterday are now the MAJORITY in the USA.

Was talking to a younger gen fam member - talking about how Capitalism ($$$$) still drives the change. I receive a yeah/no/but response. I just looked in an amazement that without knowledge (being young) they have years of seasoning to truly understand the nation...the world.

Another discussion was about the national power grids. I thought it would be a very good collaboration of information and yet, I explained for major power industry to "bury" lines it would take an enormous resourcing investment.

Resourcing being money AND people. I got the yeah/no but the nation needs to think about the future...blah blah blah. I explained I get that - yet the bigger change in the future will be the next 4 Presidential Cycles and being $24TRILLION in the hole, the question remains from a capitalistic standpoint - DO I spend an enormous amount of my money to bury power whereas people get power just fine with the lines as is mentality.

I felt I was not getting through because our short term mindset will last several more years.. The new generation has lots of growing up to do before they take charge. I didn't argue, was just enlightened again with the next generation.

Bourbon time on a Tuesday!!!!

Anonymous said...

BAN the Radical Democrats from Govt power 2020 !!!!