Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Ben Carson: Society Needs To "Grow Up" And Stop Being Offended By Everything

HHS Secretary Ben Carson told "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday that calls to rename places and remove historically offensive statues "get to a point of being ridiculous."

STEPHANOPOULOS: And finally, sir, the president’s convention -- (inaudible) speeches, now it’s scheduled for Jacksonville on August 27th, which is the 60th anniversary of Ax Handle Saturday when a KKK mob attacked mostly Black Civil Rights protestors. Is it appropriate to be having a convention speech on that anniversary in that city?

BEN CARSON: You know, we’ve reached a point in our society where we dissect everything and try to ascribe some nefarious notion to it. We really need to move away from that. We need to move away from being offended by everything, of going through history and looking at everything, you know, of renaming everything -- I mean, think about the fact that some of our universities, some of our prestigious universities, have a relationship with the slave trade. Should we go and rename those universities?

It really gets to a point of being ridiculous after a while. And, you know, we’re going to have to grow up as a society.

Video

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you take any people, of any color, and exempt them from the requirements of civilization including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility without ruinous consequences to them and to society at large?

Anonymous said...

Carson is absolutely correct "Society DOES Need To "Grow Up" And Stop Being Offended By Everything"...like Rainbows, LGBT people, Women's reproductive health, Climate change, Science, wearing masks, immigrants etc.

Anonymous said...

Dr Carson is 100% correct.

Anonymous said...

I’m not offended by any of it. I just don’t support any of it, I also dont have to live with any of it. But when ya try to push it down my throat I get pissed. I’m a Christian and I don’t go around pushing it, that’s my choice and what I want to believe. But when you don’t like their stuff your a homophobe and a racist. Well I guess that’s just what I’ll have to be. I promise none of it worries me one bit. The left needs to grow up I just don’t understand their way of thinking. The truth is right in their face and they have to see it but they ignore it. I don’t know if it’s stupidity or ignorance or both.

Anonymous said...

I'm offended by stupidity in politics locally. Starts at the top Rickie Beerinhan.

Anonymous said...

As usual very true a man of foresight and greatness a real leader in what ever he pursues and does.

Anonymous said...

I agree with that . Imagine the Jefferson's or Archie Bunker on TV today

Anonymous said...

Whites should be the ones OFFENDED !!!!! More than any others !!!

Anonymous said...

Hoooooooooorrraaahhhhhhhhhhh for Ben Carson. He's a good man!