Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Wicomico Council Opposes Letters To Governor, Mayor

SALISBURY – Highlighting the inappropriate nature of the missives, officials in Wicomico County agreed to hold off on sending letters of concern to the Maryland governor and Salisbury mayor regarding COVID-19 mandates.

Last week, the Wicomico County Council agreed not to send letters to both Gov. Larry Hogan and Salisbury Mayor Jake Day regarding mandates surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak.

In March, Hogan declared a state of emergency and catastrophic health emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and issued an executive order prohibiting large gatherings, closing non-essential businesses, and requiring all persons to stay at home unless conducting essential activities. The governor also ordered anyone entering Maryland to self-quarantine for 14 days.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just do not know what to say....

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I wasn't clear on alot of it. Is that the writers fault, or is she confused too about their message.

Anonymous said...

10:24 AM yea, I'm confused. Was there an actual point?

Anonymous said...

“What the mayor does in Salisbury is what the mayor does in Salisbury,” he said. “It’s his town, not ours.”

So Mr. Canon I'm not going to pay my county taxes next year I'm sure you understand.

Anonymous said...

Fk John Cannon. He kisses Jake Day's a$$ and invited Jake to his wedding so that Salisbury's Code Enforcement officers would have to back off inspecting Slum Lord Cannon's $hithole rental properties.

Anonymous said...

WOW. I sold my house end of December. So glad I'm out of wi- COMICAL county.