Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 30, 2020

Assateague Island Shut Down

WOW!! That’s really all I can think to start off by saying. COVID-19 has truly got us in unprecedented times and decisions from elected officials have reached further and effected more than I originally expected. I’m reely starting to get stir crazy for sure. My family and I have quarantined for a couple of weeks, I haven’t had a fishing report in over a week and thanks to a mystery foot ailment, I’ve been hobbling around the house on crutches for six days now. It sucks. It sucks, but we’ve got to do what we can to keep this thing from spreading so that we can get to the light at the end of the tunnel. I believe in my heart that there is a light and we’ll be there in good time, and as soon as my foot feels better I plan on getting fishing with the family again.

I got the best pic I’ve gotten in a couple of weeks today from Everett Lee McCabe who captured a reely nice black drum BEFORE they closed Assateague Island. Everett was fishing with Brian Ford, Erik Pereyra and Michaela Porchis when he landed this beauty of a 41″ black drum on a sand flea / Fishbites® combo. Unfortunately the guys won’t be going back to the island until it opens back up.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So driving on the beach surf fishing is an issue? Why not drive everyone crazy.

Anonymous said...

There ain't Noth'in there anyway !!!