Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 02, 2019

So Long, Wunderground!

“Aaron has written some new software for the website to enable anyone to have a blog, and we’d like you to start your own featured blog.” The speaker was Jeff Ferguson, a fellow Weather Underground co-founder. He and I were having the discussion on an April day in 2005 in our Ann Arbor office. Jeff was referring to one our awesome developers, Aaron Cowdin (WunderYakuza), who worked in the WU San Francisco office.

“What’s a blog?” I asked.


“It’s short for Web Log,” said Jeff Ferguson, “and it’s gaining popularity as a personalized way to communicate on the web.”
“A blog,” I snorted. “Great. Sounds like a waste of time. What am I supposed to write about?”


“I don’t know,” he said. “I’m sure you’ll think of something. We’d like you to post something three times per week. It might be a good way to get Weather Underground some media attention.”
“OK,” I said. “But I doubt I’ll want to do this for very long.”

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But my oh my, who will be able to monitor all the hate of free speech