Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Smoking just a few cigarettes each day is just as bad for your lungs as burning through two packets

Light smokers damage their lungs just as much as addicts who go through two packets of cigarettes daily, a study has found.

Doctors behind the research at Columbia University now say lighting up a few of times each day is 'much riskier than a lot of people think'.

They tested the lung function of 25,000 volunteers, a mixture of smokers and ex-smokers, as well as adults who had never puffed on a cigarette.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I had sense to quit 42years ago.

Anonymous said...

Blah blah blah. Another fake science scare report.

Anonymous said...

It is not logical

More cigs are worse than few cigs
Common sense

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to hear this, Obama has cut down to just a few a day !

Anonymous said...

I quit 40 years ago and swore if I made it to 80 I'd take up my old friends and have. Who wants to be 90 ? I have never been happier.

Anonymous said...

Impossible logic, I just wasted 3 minutes of my life, reading this lie, that I will never get back

Anonymous said...

I Don't believe this for one minute!

Anonymous said...

so my question which no one ever seems to answer is this. why just cigarettes? aren't we in an obesity crisis? why isn't government cracking down on lard asses? isn't being over weight a burden on our health care system? why am I having to subsidize fat people? shouldn't you have to prove you are healthy enough to by certain products? twinkies? sodas? cupcakes, sweets, etc?
come libs get off your asses and start the movement! I know sitting around all day watching your stories on tv while stuffing you face has to be harder on the climate!
where's the outrage?

Anonymous said...

500 thousand a year day from cancer sticks “non crisis” 60 thousand from opiates “crisis”