Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Major fire burns 2 Jim Beam bourbon warehouses in Woodford County

Multiple crews are on the scene of a major fire at a bourbon warehouse facility.

Woodford County Emergency Management Director Drew Chandler tells WKYT two barrel warehouses at a Jim Beam aging facility caught fire around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The facility is on McCracken Pike, near the Franklin County line.

Chandler says one warehouse initially caught fire with flames spreading to the second structure.

Crews were able to put out the flames in the second warehouse. Flames were still visible in the first warehouse five hours after the fire started.

Chandler says approximately 45,000 barrels of bourbon were in the warehouse that was still burning. He speculated crews could be on scene until late Wednesday night.

More

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sprinklers save lives and other important things.

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a good reason to lower flags to half-staff this week.
I like Jim Beam more than those red-wax sealed varieties.

Anonymous said...

"...and other important things."

If it had been Jack Daniels it would have been important. Jim Beam? Not so much.

Steve said...

Oh, the alcolamity!

Anonymous said...

I recall a Jim Beam warehouse fire a few years ago (maybe longer). I'm getting old. But I do remember a warehouse fire. And Jim Beam.

Anonymous said...

sniff..sniff...sobbing. No matter the class of bourbon or where its located on a shelf (low or top)....always sad when many batches/barrels of bourbon are lost!

The humanity!

Anonymous said...

I just grabbed my swim trunks and on the way to the Ky. river. I'll be beaming when I return to the shore.

Anonymous said...

I remember a old country song.
If the river was whiskey,
And I was a duck,
I'd dive to the bottom,
And never come up.

Anonymous said...

Any lost bourbon like this is a real absolute Shame !

Anonymous said...

RE CLAIM THE WOOS......

Anonymous said...

Libs did it.

Anonymous said...

Drunk .. lol WOOD

Anonymous said...

Good!! Burn 'em all down.