Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 02, 2019

28-year-old man suffers stroke from cracking his neck

GUTHRIE, Okla. —A 28-year-old man who is a young father suffered a major stroke.

Josh Hader, of Guthrie, tore an artery in his neck leading to his brain. The cause of the stroke? He popped his neck.

“The moment I heard the pop, everything on my left side started to go numb,” Hader said. “I got up and tried to get an ice pack from the fridge, and I remember I couldn't walk straight.”

His father-in-law rushed him to the emergency room.

“I had about six or seven nurses and doctors surrounding me,” Hader said.

“He could have formed more clot on that tear and had a life-ending stroke. He could have died,” said Dr. Vance McCollom, at Mercy Hospital.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It happens. Be gentle.

Anonymous said...

This is eye opening I hope every family reads it and saves lives.

Anonymous said...

Thats scary, I cracked my neck at work yesterday and it was sooo loud I actually asked the person next to me if they heard it! Wont be doing that anymore!