Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Iraq Combat Vet: 'I Scared the Hell' out of Synagogue Shooter Read Newsmax: Iraq Combat Vet: 'I Scared the Hell' out of Synagogue Shooter

An Iraq combat veteran who ran toward the man firing shots inside the Chabad of Poway synagogue in San Diego Saturday and yelled at him until he dropped his weapon is denying he's a hero and says he thinks there may have been an angel behind him speaking through his voice.

“I knew I had to be within five feet of this guy so his rifle couldn’t get to me,” the veteran, Oscar Stewart, 51, told The Daily Caller. "I ran immediately toward him, and I yelled as loud as I could. And he was scared. I scared the hell out of him.”

The priest of a neighboring church heard Stewart yelling at the man, and others at the church told the veteran it sounded more like four or five people were shouting.

Stewart said his military training had kicked in. He was in the Navy from 1990 to 1994 and then enlisted in the Army in 2001 after the 9-11 attacks.


More

No comments: