Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 19, 2019

DHS Considers Classifying Fentanyl As 'Weapon Of Mass Destruction'

An internal government memorandum attained by Task & Purpose reveals that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is considering labeling fentanyl as a weapon of mass destruction (WMD).

Dated Feb. 22, 2019, under the title "Use of counter-WMD authorities to combat fentanyl," the memo said the toxic painkiller would be identified as a WMD "when certain criteria are met," and that DHS officials have "long regarded fentanyl as a chemical weapons threat."

Fentanyl is one of the most potent synthetic opioids out there, is considered to be 100 times more potent than morphine. Pain management physicians prescribe fentanyl to patients who experience severe pain but is also sold illegally.


The illegal form of fentanyl has been responsible for a massive spike in opioid-related deaths from 2011 to 2018. In 2017, approximately 28,000 Americans fatally overdosed on the drug.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WMDs- we can invade China now! Let’s Roll!!

Anonymous said...

So my prescribed pain meds are cut back,again, because people are overdosing on a totally different drug? Nice. Without them I will no longer be able to work and will be forced to apply for disability, instead of contributing to society.

Anonymous said...

IT'S really a crime what is happening to those in severe
pain who need these drugs to survive and also to those
going through an extremely painful surgery.
Can there be no mercy shown for a legit patient from our
Doctors who legally prescribe these pain killers and keep
"track" of the patient?
My God , people will be afraid to get needed surgery now
in fear of the horrific pain they will have to endure because
ample pain meds won't be prescribed!!

Believe me , I 've had many surgeries, have had oxycodone and
wished I could have been prescribed higher dosage and longer
period of time because my pain was so bad and wearing me down.
God help me if I had to have surgery now !!!!!

Annoy said...

I totally understand and can relate