Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 15, 2019

Born between 1957-1989? You may not be protected from measles outbreak

Check yourself, public health officials say, as the number of cases in a Michigan measles outbreak climbed Friday by five more people to 39 cases — the largest statewide outbreak since 1991.

Even if you think you've been vaccinated for the measles, ask your doctor to check your immunization record to be sure.

If you have proof you received two doses of the measles, mumps, rubella vaccine (MMR), you should still ask to have the antibodies in your blood checked, especially if you've been to one of the growing number of exposure sites in Michigan.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a well written propaganda piece!!
"I called my mom, and I was like, 'what were you doing? Why
didn’t I get these needed injections? Have you been
neglectful?' "
Gardasil actually uses this bogus guilt line in their ads too.

AND now you know why all of a sudden this is in the news.
Sell more vaccines.

Everyone has been exposed to the measles somewhere along life and didn't even know it but all of a sudden this non problem is an emergency.

Better run out and get a shot of poison in your arm. Because out of several hundred million people a handful or so got the measles.

Such sheeple.

Anonymous said...

I had both measles and the mumps when I was a kid. And got a lifetime of immunity from ever getting it again, WITHOUT ANY VACCINATIONS! I don't remember anyone dying from getting the measles or the mumps when I was growing up. Seems to me this risk thing is blown all out of proportion by some people and businesses with vested interests in the vaccines.

stacy said...

7:50 AM - You are an idiot. You do not need to run out and get a vaccine. What you SHOULD do is ask your doctor to get a titer done to check for immunizations. What is that? It is getting your blood drawn. You'll see if you need any immunization updates.

I'd rather get the titer, find out if I need an extra immunization shot and if I do - get the vaccination. I have older relatives and relatives with compromised immune systems living at my home. I'd rather get a shot (or two) and NOT potentially pass on measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, etc.

You can be exposed to any of those diseases, get a light case yourself and not receive immunity.

Stop with the name calling. Measles is a big thing right now. It does not make you a "sheeple" to find out if you need another immunization shot to protect yourself and your community.