Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 09, 2019

Flag Status Alert: United States Flag and Maryland Flag Are at Half-Staff

As a mark of respect for the memory and longstanding service of former Representative John David Dingell, Jr., of Michigan, President Donald J. Trump ordered the United States Flag lowered to half-staff effective immediately until sunset, Saturday, February 9, 2019. Former Congressman John D. Dingell, Jr. passed away on February 7, 2019. As a matter of protocol, the Maryland flag is lowered to half-staff. No flag may be higher than the United States flag.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe

I would like to say a prayer for a friend who was in a bad motorcycle accident yesterday William Cohee was struck yesterday and is in shock trauma William is also a Huge part of the Volunteer FD community in Mardela Springs he is a True Hero in the community please say a prayer for his recovery.

Anonymous said...

Walter Cohee

Sorry joe

Anonymous said...

he fought for gay rights my flag stays UP.

Anonymous said...

I lower my flag for Walter Cohee not a representative who supported gay rights me

Anonymous said...

Our neighborhood (Rustic Acres) can't put our flag at half-staff because it was removed and replaced with the police flag. I fully support all police, but I want the American flag back where it belongs...Coulbourn Dr. and Old Fruitland Road intersection. Thanks for letting me vent.