Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

A Viewer Writes: Downtown Parking Garage

So get this Joe!

My wife had an appointment downtown this morning. She usually parks in the parking lot across from the Library when she has these appointments. Thanks to the NATIONAL FOLK FESTIVAL!!! she was forced to park in the parking garage. Here is the kicker......you are able to park for up to 2 hours in the lot across from the Library, but today she had to pay to park in the parking garage. Any portion of an hour costs $1.00.

Now I know it is just a buck and that is not what I'm concerned with at all. I just find it quite funny that the Folk Festival has taken a large portion of parking in Downtown Salisbury, and yet still charge for using the parking garage when it all happened. I guess they have to try to recoup money from somewhere.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for the information about the parking , such a shame . I can see now that I will not drive 25 miles to be stressed by these types of things.
I can only say the the only opportunity I see for this event is pro-criminal.
Park in the hood and give them guys break.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately due to the new parking machine at market st inn I have stopped eating downtown

Anonymous said...

OH it is a complete cluster, and you think this is bad???? Wait until they finish selling off the parking lots here downtown, so they can put a few office buildings in their place whilst you have dilapidated and falling down buildings from the 20's... Instead of renovating them, or knocking them down, they rather sell what ever is left of the parking lots for what? So you can park in the parking garage???? People need to understand if you think this is bad now, wait until then, the parking garages is already full and hardly no where to park, and that is just when there is jury duty... Now wait until you have all of the business workers, jury duty and now any visitor or anyone who used to park in lots 1, 2 and 11... They forced us to move from lot 1 to the parking garage, and guess why??? So the city can park its dumb ass city vehicles there for the building inspectors, and the rest of the lot, visitors park in so they don't have to pay the stupid parking fee...

Anonymous said...

The Thug fest.

Anonymous said...

With you all the way. All the way! I agree totally on the issue of the parking garage. I'm ticked off about the parking lot between the library and the plaza. I don't agree with the future plans for the parking lot. Can you tell me who is going to be parking in the garage? I do not see people, especially older people, doing that. As I have said before, it seems that beer gardens and bars are more important than the library and other activities. But let's hear it for the millenials!

Anonymous said...

1:46 is spot on. There is so much vacant space in downtown Salisbury I would put it at 80% at least.
And Jakie boi wants to destroy parking lots to build more empty space.