Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 24, 2018

Senate Rejects Bill To Defund Planned Parenthood, Rand Paul Doesn’t Hold Back

The Senate rejected an amendment to the government spending bill Thursday that would prevent Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers from receiving federal funding.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky proposed the provision, which was defeated 45-48 and required a 60-vote threshold to pass. Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska voted against it.

“While I am disappointed in the outcome of this vote, I will never apologize for standing up for life,” Paul said in response to the vote. “If it took exposing the preference of so many in my own party to continue reckless spending over protecting the innocent, it was a fight worth having.”

More

4 comments:

Obama Crooked Bastardo said...

And there we have it in plain sight - Slimey Crooked Democrats with couple of Two-Faced RINO Republicans rather support Criminal Enterprise who kills innocents lives and sells bodyparts with OUR TAXPAYERS DOLLARS against the will of the People. Slimey Politicians of D.C. Swamp still have the majority over MAGA reps for now. So, remember that when at the Voting Booth. Its time to drain that Swamp now!

Anonymous said...

I'm not against planned parenthood or very early term abortion, about 2 mo. I wouldn't object to tax money being used for morning after and birth control pills. I am against planned parenthood as it is now. Many teenage and other unwanted pregnancies could be avoided if planned parenthood was done properly.When I was a teenager my girl friend had an illegal abortion by a doctor, that was before abortions were legal. My daughter had an abortion when she was still in high school,about 17yo.,it was legal at that time. In both cases those abortions were done very early term and prevented a mistake from having a seriously detrimental effect on our lives. I am a christian, I believe in GOD but I do not believe a fertilized egg is a human being yet.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely nothing happens in God's World by mistake! Abortion is murder and there is nothing anyone can say that will change my mind!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to bear bad news . . .

But “our tax dollars” go directly to the bankers who own the debt. It is the interest on the US Bonds.