Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

New Drug Reverses Hair Loss in Mice

An experimental drug reversed hair loss, hair whitening and skin inflammation in mice that were first fed a diet high in fat and cholesterol.

Previous research has suggested a link between fatty diets and hair/skin issues in people.

The researchers emphasized that it's not known if the drug is safe and that the results in mice do not mean the drug would work in people.

However, the findings may point to possible treatments for hair loss/graying and skin wounds in people, the team from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore said.

"Further research is needed, but our findings show promise for someday using the drug we developed for skin diseases such as psoriasis, and wounds resulting from diabetes or plastic surgery," said researcher Subroto Chatterjee, a professor of pediatrics and medicine.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news!

I have 2 pet mice and one of them is almost bald.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they'll open my casket and re-grow my hair so I will look better in my afterlife. It's going to be too late to save my hair while I'm still alive.

Anonymous said...

Maxine waters Wig ? Lol

Anonymous said...

but causes Colon Cancer.... LOL

Anonymous said...

Who wants mice hair?!

Anonymous said...

Middle aged male mice are pleased. Female mice are confused.

Anonymous said...

Hurry up! I'm starting to show my age now!

Anonymous said...


Will it work on weasels? If so, Boy Mare could be a research prospect.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when they make the one to make me 20 again!