Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Mom Who Spent $25K on Black Panther-Themed Prom Party Accused of Disability Fraud

The Philadelphia mom who gave her son a $25,000 African-themed prom party replete with camels has been accused of illegally taking tens of thousands in disability payments.

Saudia Shuler, 44, made news last week for throwing the lavish prom party, which included camels, a black panther, and costumed characters from the Marvel superhero film Black Panther.

But after her notoriety, city officials began looking into Shuler’s finances and are now charging her with defrauding the city of tens of thousands in disability payments, according to ABC 6.

On Tuesday, the U.S. Attorney for Philadelphia charged Shuler with wire fraud, theft of government funds, and Social Security fraud.

Prosecutors said Shuler signed up for disability benefits saying she is unable to work, even though she is not disabled. They also noted that she has been working in a fast food business during the time she said she could not work and that she took at least $36,000 in disability payments.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lock her up.

Anonymous said...

Black privilege! Who is this Tariq El-Shabazz character? Looks like shes not missing many meals!

Anonymous said...

If they want to find people committing fraud with false disability claims all they have to do is watch Judge Judy or the People's Court. There are people on there every week that when the judge asks them how they earn a living they answer: "I gets my disability money and I makes some money on the side doing (enter in job that requires some physical labor)".

Anonymous said...

How do you get paid for disability if you don't have one.

Anonymous said...

Thats the issue, these cretents have it figured out and they take FULL advantage of it.

Anonymous said...

My aunt made sure her two girls got disability as soon as they turned 18. Husband on disability too. I guess you can get it by claiming to be stupid. God, they suck.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
How do you get paid for disability if you don't have one.

August 16, 2018 at 5:39 PM

Democrats looking out for each other.

When I was going to college at SSU I injured myself playing a county sport and ruptured my knee and my ACL which had to be repaired and it put me in a cast and crutches for several months. I was young and gave up my insurance because I thought I was healthy. I going to college and was unable to work and pay my bills. I ended up dropping out of college because I missed so much time.

I went to the Social Security Office and tried to get temporary assistance, but was denied. The person that took my information was an African American who went to high school with me so that didn't help.

I was denied everything and they said it was because of the amount of money I took out for a student loan. Get this, they counted my student loan as "Income." Needless to say, all my hospital bills went to collections.

I think they forgot to say my application was denied because I was WHITE!! Tell me again about "White Privilege."