The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, July 14, 2018

WaPo Reporter Falsely Claims Russian Hackers First Targeted Clinton Campaign After Urging From Trump

A Washington Post reporter falsely claimed Friday that the beginning of the Russian effort to hack Hillary Clinton's campaign emails came the very same day that her opponent, Donald Trump, called on Russia to find Clinton's State Department emails.

On July 27, 2016, Trump spoke directly to Russia during a news conference. "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," he said, referring to Clinton's deleted emails from her time as secretary of state.

The Trump administration would later claim the remarks were a joke, but the Clinton campaign criticized the comments at the time, saying, "This has to be the first time that a major presidential candidate has actively encouraged a foreign power to conduct espionage against his political opponent."

After the Justice Department announced Friday that a federal grand jury indicted 12 Russian government officials for hacking the computer networks of Clinton and the Democratic Party,Washington Post reporter Christopher Ingraham tweeted a screenshot of a portion of the indictment, claiming that Russia's hacking attempts began the very evening Trump made his remarks.



Anonymous said...

Hillary's server was shut down at least a year before Trump made that joke. I hope you don't believe anything you read in the Washington Post. Well, maybe the social column, the weddings, etc. That stuff is probably true.

Anonymous said...

The important part of this story is simply ignored:


The exposure of massive pedophilia abuse by high level politicians and judges is the important story here.

Anonymous said...

958. I was thinking the same thing! No mention in this story about the emails themselves, which they tried to quell with coverage of the Pizza Parlor in New York.

Anonymous said...

Democrats refused to turn over their servers to the FBI to investigate then hired an outside company to investigate them. During the election evidence showed the hack came from within the DNC...Then Seth Rich was murdered.