Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, July 27, 2018

California City threatens Waiters w Jail for Serving Straws

Santa Barbara, Calif., is threatening waiters with jail if they offer straws to customers.

The city recently banned plastic straws from restaurants, bars and other food establishments in what officials claim is an environmental crackdown through the use of social engineering.

“Prohibiting the provision of plastic beverage straws, and restricting the provision of plastic stirrers and cutlery in connection to cases where the customer requests the items will initiate a change in consumer behavior and will further serve the City’s goal of reducing plastic litter,” the city states.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Communism is alive and well.

Anonymous said...

Oh ok so let's go after the working man
Nothing changes

Anonymous said...


In the pokey they'll get bread and water, but no straws! Bad, bad.

Anonymous said...

A vote for Democrats is a vote against America.

Steve said...

Give me my plastic cup with a plastic lid and my food served with plastic knife, fork & spoon. Can I get the leftovers put in a plastic box to take home, please? I'm wearing plastic shoes and polyester clothes and carry a Pleather purse and wear plastic glasses. Most of the interior of my car is made of plastic and when it rains I take my plastic umbrella with me.

But keep the straw; I'd hate to pollute the environment with one of those!