Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Meet the Coventry woman who claims she cured her cancer with cannabis oil

Joy Smith said she had never taken drugs before but the cannabis oil was a miracle cure

A Coventry woman who claims she cured her terminal cancer with cannabis oil and won £84,000 in a competition she entered whilst ‘stoned’ has said she will do everything she can to legalise the drug that saved her life.

Doctors gave Joy Smith six weeks to live when she was diagnosed with cancer in her stomach and bowel, but almost two years later she is close to getting the all clear.

She claims that regular doses of THC cannabis oil, which is illegal in the UK, have destroyed her inoperable tumours leaving doctors stunned by her miraculous recovery.

“When you’re told you have six weeks to live you’ll try anything, trust me,” Joy, 52, said.

“I was a bit sceptical about the oil at first as I’d never taken drugs or anything like that - but I know I would not be here today without it. I want to tell everybody.

“Cannabis oil should be legalised for medical purposes - people are dying and the chemotherapy isn’t curing them.”

'I didn't know what it was'

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just imagine what advances in medicine there might have been if the plant had begun to be pharmaceutically investigated 80 years ago (and then almost fifty years ago under Nixon) instead of prohibited in all its forms.

Anonymous said...

I started taking it approx.a month ago, seems to be helping for my mid back and knee pain? Trying to get away from Vicodin . You can buy CBD oil on line.....I use CBDISTILLERY, I started with 500mg and adjusted the dosage to my needs. I have never done any pot in my life, but I do not get high when taking the oil and can function with a normal everyday routine, where I can't or won't take Vicodin till evening... pain has decreased and so has Vicodin useage !

Anonymous said...

B.s. you can't cure cancer..you always have a risk of it returning.

Anonymous said...

Marijuana was just a wedge used to make the anti-vietnam movement seem irrelevant. I cant believe the way these old farts in Congress treat marijuana at the federal level.

Anonymous said...

Pharmaceutical companies are lobbying hard to keep cannabis illegal at the federal level while they figure out how to create drugs that are as effective, but cost a fortune. So far, they've not been successful.

Anonymous said...

B.s. you can't cure cancer..you always have a risk of it returning.

April 12, 2018 at 11:21 AM

That's true, but a positive attitude can do a lot, she was given 6 weeks to live!....what would you do? Prayer would be first on my agenda, but the oil would be right there with it....it'd be worth a shot. Maybe not a cure, but how about another day with your family?

Anonymous said...

107
I disagree.
The Pharmaceutical Corporations have the most intelligent Asian people working for them.
They CREATE cancer.
Not the other way around.

Wake up.

It is MUCH worse than you imagine.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Just imagine what advances in medicine there might have been if the plant had begun to be pharmaceutically investigated 80 years ago (and then almost fifty years ago under Nixon) instead of prohibited in all its forms.

April 12, 2018 at 9:55 AM

Studies HAVE been done in the past. Keep researching.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
B.s. you can't cure cancer..you always have a risk of it returning.

April 12, 2018 at 11:21 AM

Well, it can't return if it never left, right? lol. But there are cases where a cancer was cured.