Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Cherokee genealogist casts doubt on Elizabeth Warren's story of parents' elopement

Sen. Elizabeth Warren doubled down on her disputed story about a Native American heritage in a recent TV appearance, but an expert says her story just doesn't add up.

Warren appeared on "Fox News Sunday" where she was once again grilled about her long-standing claim tobe Native American, and told a story about how her racist paternal grandparents objected to her parents' wedding because of her mother's Cherokee blood. The couple, she said, was forced into a Depression-era elopment.

“You know, my mom and dad were born and raised out in Oklahoma, and my daddy was in his teens when he fell in love with my mother,” said the Massachusetts Democrat. “She was a beautiful girl who played the piano. And he was head over heels in love with her and wanted to marry her. And his family was bitterly opposed to that because she was part Native American.”

More
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/14/cherokee-genealogist-casts-doubt-on-elizabeth-warrens-story-parents-elopement.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brothers used to tell me that I was grown from an ivy bush outside, but now I don’t believe that.

Anonymous said...

Twit.

Anonymous said...

When we were kids my older brother used to tell me Aunt Jemima the syrup bottle lady was my real mother. Now I don't believe that either since I am white.

Anonymous said...


Keep digging, Lizzie! Keep embellishing your lie!