Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

College Has Students Using ‘Ze, Zim, Zir’ Gender Pronouns – Yes, Really

When this kind of story comes my way, all I can do is laugh. These people are so removed from reality, it is kind of sad. A pronoun guideline document is being distributed by Bard College that reminds students to be “inclusive,” which encompasses the use of so-called gender-neutral “Ze, Zim, Zir” pronouns. Bard College provided a FAQ document instructing them that some people are mentally deranged and want power over you so you should call them whatever you want. Okay, it may have been a little different than that.

“To create a gender-inclusive environment for faculty, staff, students, and visitors, Bard College encourages all members of the campus community to indicate the pronouns they use for themselves, if desired, in classes, residence halls, workplaces, electronic communications, and other settings, and strongly encourages community members to respect pronoun usage,” the document reads.

The document also says that college members ought to use gender-neutral terms like “folks” or “all people,” not offensive, patriarchal, oppressing terms like “guys” or “gals.” This kind of language only marginalizes the most vulnerable in our society, blah, blah, blah. We could all write this ourselves we’ve heard it so much.

“A pronoun is a word used to refer to an individual or group instead of using their name (grammatically speaking, pronouns are used as a substitute for a noun or a noun phrase). Pronouns can be in the first person singular (I, me) or plural (we, us); second person singular or plural (you); and the third person singular (e.g., she/her, he/him, they/them, ze/hir) or plural (they/them). Some people go by just one set of pronouns, others use more than one set,” it continues.

The gender binary is what is wrong with society. I mean, only two genders? That’s absurd. Everyone know there are dozens of genders and more to be announced any second now. Who are we to judge people?

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moron Snowflakes. The generation that ushers in the end of our once great country.

Anonymous said...


Henceforth (or hencefourth or henceforeth, if you prefer) to be known as Barf College.

Themz is a bunch of jerks!

Anonymous said...

Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum...I believe they're very dumb...

Anonymous said...

954
That is great!

Anonymous said...

I refuse to be dictated to! I assert my control over the words I use. They are MY pronouns -- no matter whom (or what) I choose to refer to when I use them.

I assert MY right to control MY language.

I will define MY words.

Henceforth (hencefourth) I will use the word "he" (if not referring to a specific person as antecedent) to refer to any and all humans of any, all or no genders.

I will use the word "she" to refer to humans having an XY chromosome pattern or whom I choose to believe have such.

These are MY words and MY definitions and I defy patriarchy or anarchy or anyone or anything else that attempts to dictate the definitions of MY words.

-Babel

lmclain said...

Entropy.
Thought police.


Carry a gun.