Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Mark Cuban On Why He Wouldn't Buy the Carolina Panthers: 'Why would I buy an NFL team if I think the league is in decline?'

If Sean “Diddy” Combs is looking for someone to help him purchase the Carolina Panthers, he might want to take a hard pass on Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban.

When asked by the Dallas Morning News, whether he had any interest in purchasing the recently put-up for sale Carolina Panthers, Cuban answered in characteristic Cuban fashion:

Why would I buy an NFL team if I think the league is in decline? There’s no team I would want other than the Mavericks, certainly no football team in the universe. There’s not even a close second.

I love the Mavs. I love Dallas. I mean, Charlotte’s a great city, but there’s nothing I don’t like here – other than losing right now. I would never turn my back on the city of Dallas. Like I’ve always said, Dallas has given me so much. And what am I going to say to my son and his friends or my daughter and her friends: ‘Oh, yeah: Football’s dangerous for you, but I bought a football team.’ I know I’m a hypocrite from time to time, but I really, really, really try not to be.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Nobody wants the Carolina Black Panthers with Mr. Newton and his fist in the air during the National Anthem?

Anonymous said...

Smartest thing I ever heard Cuban say.

Anonymous said...

Cuban reminds me of another very smart business man. Hmmmm..who ever could that be????? Hmmm..

TRUMP!
TRUMP!
TRUMP!

Anonymous said...

diddy wouldnt want to do bidness with him cuz he not from da hood

Anonymous said...

does the nfl take ebt cards?

Anonymous said...

Cuban is a Democrat.