Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Technology Love

Dearest Dad,

I am coming home to get married soon, so get your check book out. I'm in love with a boy who is far away from me.

As you know, I am in Australia ... and he lives in Scotland. We met on a dating website, became friends on Facebook , had long chats on Whatsapp. He proposed to me on Skype, and now we've had two months of a relationship through Viber.

My beloved and favorite Dad, I need your blessing, good wishes, and a really big wedding.

Lots of love and thanks.

Your favorite daughter,
Lilly

THE RESPONSE

My Dear Lilly,

Like Wow! Really? Cool!

Whatever ... I suggest you two get married on Twitter, have fun on Tango, buy your kids on Amazon, and pay for it all through PayPal.

And when you get fed up with this new husband, sell him on eBay.

Love,
Your Dad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good response!

Anonymous said...

My kind of dad.

Anonymous said...

Why does anyone "need" a really big wedding? With a divorce rate of better than 50%, it would be wiser to put that money in escrow to cover the attorneys' fees for the breakup.