Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 07, 2017

Trump at Business Town Hall - Common Core we have to end it

At his CEO Business Town Hall Tuesday, President Donald Trump returned to his campaign promise to end the highly unpopular Common Core standards and once again make education policy the domain of local governments.

“Common Core, I mean, we have to bring education more local,” Trump said at the White House. “We can’t be managing education from Washington.”

The president continued:

When I go out to Iowa, when I go out to the different states and I talk, they want to run their school programs locally and they’ll do a much better job… And I like the fact of getting rid of Common Core. You know, Common Core, to me, we have to end it. We have to bring education local, to me. I’ve always said it, I’ve been saying it during the campaign, and we’re doing it.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurry up already and DO IT.

Anonymous said...

How come my child has to work very hard to pass common core bc at age 40 this stuff is hard but a THUG can start fights in schools NOT get Suspended but goes Right through school with FAILING GRADES ? more Reperations for the AA. F A C T .