Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Maryland opens registration for medical pot program

WASHINGTON — Maryland’s medical cannabis program took a big step forward Monday as the state opened its registry, allowing the first round of patients to begin submitting applications to potentially receive marijuana from state-licensed dispensaries.

The program’s registry opened Monday morning for patients with last names that begin with the letters A through L.

“We’re doing a phased rollout,” said Shannon Moore, one of the members of the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission. “The system is all online.”

Next week, the registry will open only for patients with last names that begin with the letters M through Z. Registration will open for all patients the following week.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because my last name starts with Z I have to wait another week? This is so unfair! Why not, for once, start with the Z's and work in the other direction? The A's always get theirs first!!! Whaaaa!

Anonymous said...

I worry that if I sign up the Feds are going to be monitoring me, so I guess I'll stay off the radar and keep vaping my neighbor's excellent product.