Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 24, 2017

Petition to Stop Section 8 Expansion in Maryland

Whereas: The continued expansion of Section 8 housing in Maryland is ruining our communities; and

Whereas: Section 8 has been shown to reduce property values. This amounts to stealing people's property which they worked so hard to earn; and

Whereas: No private business should be forced to accept payment methods that they are uncomfortable with - including Section 8 vouchers; and

Whereas: It is blatant corruption for politicians to confiscate your income and redistribute it in the form of free or low-cost housing in order to secure votes from those who benefit from this scheme.

Therefore: We, the citizens of Maryland, oppose legislation to expand Section 8 housing and we demand that the Maryland General Assembly votes against it.

More

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Section 8 trains people to be dependent on the government, People that are pro section 8 ignore our retiree's needs. They work there whole lives and are abandoned by politicians.

Anonymous said...

"their"

Anonymous said...

Section 8 allows people to live in neighborhoods that they would not normally be able to live in - due to the cost of rent and mortgage! When these people live there, they do not appreciate what they're provided with - and it deteriorates due to disrespect. I currently live in an apartment complex where too many couldn't afford to live - if it weren't for housing vouchers.

I so wish that we could kick them out for abusing what they have been given - better yet, means test and term limit their participation!

Anonymous said...

9:04 I hate people like you.

Anonymous said...

I had a friend who purchased a very expensive home in a major development outside of Baltimore in Howard County. After she purchased her home the builders announced that before the next "annex" could be started they had to commit to section 8 housing to be able to build any further. Needless to say she moved as quickly as possible and trash moved in and property values plummeted. Sad.

Anonymous said...

10:16 - maybe you need an education...proper written expression represents a good up-bringing!

Meanwhile, thanks for helping me to understand that I've done something good today - even if it resulted in pissing someone off!

Anonymous said...

I am good 10:16 my community college education is good enough for me to earn 6 figures.

Anonymous said...

Like most homeowners, I worked hard, drove an ten year old car and saved every penny I could. I did without luxuries and saved for years to put a down payment on my house. I am no different from anyone else. I was determined to own my own home and I have no patience for anyone who want me to pay their rent or grocery bill. Be responsible for your own future and those you care about.

Anonymous said...

Count them on your fingers the ones who reap the profits from building section 8 housing,you have to be politically connected to benefit.

Anonymous said...

Building and providing Section 8 housing is a subtle form of gerrymandering.

Anonymous said...

12:32 - the housing vouchers are a subtle way of forcing integration on an otherwise unwilling population!

Anonymous said...

12:32 and 12:48... same thing