Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Trump nails Clinton: He's in it for country, she's in it for herself

Donald Trump is in the presidential contest for you.

It’s a point many of his supporters consistently bring up to me: Mr. Trump is sacrificing much to run for public office. He has the money, the company, the family, and is of a certain age where it would be easier for him not to run.

Mr. Trump said as much in a speech Wednesday.


“People have asked me why I am running for president. I have built an amazing business that I love and I get to work side by side with my children every day,” he said. “I love what I do, and I am grateful beyond words to the nation that has allowed me to do it. So when people ask me why I am running, I quickly answer: I am running to give back to this country which has been so good to me.”

I choose to believe Mr. Trump and I don’t fault him for how he’s made his fortune. He’s admitted to taking advantage of the debt markets, of politicians and of the media for his own enrichment. For as long as his dealings were legal, I say good for him for getting what he wanted.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't be more right.