Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Ivanka Trump: ‘My Father Is in This For The Long Run, He’s Not Backing Down’

Ivanka Trump tells Breitbart News executive chairman Stephen K. Bannon that her father, Donald Trump, brings “tremendous energy, enthusiasm, passion” to the presidential race. She says she’s not surprised that the political establishment is heaping invective on their populist GOP frontrunner.

“Obviously as a daughter, it’s hurtful to hear those things said. I know that they’re not true, so it bothers me less to my core. On the surface, it’s obviously a hurtful thing to hear as a daughter,” Trump said. “I will say there’s so much support, and so much outpouring of love from the people that it more than makes up for a couple of naysayers.”

I will say that I’m not altogether surprised, because ultimately, the establishment thrives on influence and power. And my father’s made it very clear he’s not looking to be influenced, not looking to take donations from interested parties. He’s looking to make clear decisions, clean decisions that are in the best interest of the country. So that cuts a lot of people out out of the equation that normally would have been influencing the agenda. So it’s not altogether surprising to me, even though I do think you see a lot of people who realize this is for the best of the country and they’re coming on board within the establishment as well. I do think that will happen. But’s it’s been a very interesting ride, to say the least.

“I think what we’re seeing now smacks of desperation.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are fired Hillary and Sanders