Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 04, 2016

National Search Likely To Replace Worcester Superintendent; Wilson To Serve On Interim Basis Till Summer ’17

NEWARK — After almost 40 years in education and four years in Worcester County, Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jerry Wilson says he’s ready to do something else.

Prior to the Worcester County Board of Education budget meeting on Tuesday morning, Wilson announced that he will not seek re-appointment at the end of his four year term, which expires June 30.

“My family and I have evaluated our plans for the next four years and beyond,” said Wilson. “I’m not able to commit to serving as the superintendent for the next four years as required by Maryland law.”

Wilson, who was hired in 2012, replacing former superintendent Dr. Jon Andes, says his future is not completely certain, but hints that he’s leaning more toward retirement than a career change.

“When I looked at all the things that I want to do in life, I looked at those four years and realized that it was beyond the commitment that I was willing to make,” said Wilson. “We have grandchildren in Colorado who touch my heart deeply and my daughter is in Wisconsin, so our family is spread out across the country.”

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, the Worcester County taxpayers must pay for a national search for someone to lead local education - just like we are paying for a national search for someone to lead the State Dept of Education - its FOR THE CHILDREN!