Salisbury – The City’s New Year’s Eve event, NYESBY, is back and this year it’s going to be bigger, brighter, sparklier, and louder than ever before! Revelers are invited to ring in the New Year downtown with a ball drop, live music from Alex and Shiloh and Bonedaddys, 7 food trucks, a vehicle giveaway courtesy of Pohanka Volkswagen, and FIREWORKS!
Festivities begin at 8:00 p.m. This year NYESBY is centered on Headquarters Live! and the intersection of N. Division St. and Circle Ave. To accommodate event setup and pedestrian activity, and to provide the best viewing opportunities for the ball drop and fireworks, the following streets will be closed to through traffic from approximately 5:00 p.m. Thursday, December 31st, until approximately 2:00 a.m., Friday, January 1st:
· Circle Ave. from the Lot 1 entrance on the West side of N. Division St. to the parking garage entrance on the East side of N. Division St.
· N. Division St. from Market St. to Main St.
· Camden St.
To accommodate the setup and discharge of fireworks, the following streets will be closed to through traffic from 11:00 p.m. to 12:15 a.m.:
· Riverside Drive from the Mill Street intersection to Wicomico Street
· Mill Street between Riverside Drive and West Main Street
· Carroll Street between Mill Street and Circle Avenue
· Camden Ave from Mill Street to Newton Street.
For more information, contact the Mayor’s office at 410-548-3100, or check out the event page at http://www.facebook.com/NYESby/