Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Troopers Investigate Vehicle Crash Involving a School Bus

Milford, DE – Troopers are investigating a vehicle crash that occurred south of Milford early this morning involving a Milford School Bus.

The incident occurred around 6:45 a.m. today, Tuesday November 3, 2015, as Wendy Lewis, 47 of Milford, was operating a 2005 Chevy Tahoe southbound on Old Shawnee Road in the area of Brook Lane directly behind a school bus. Chelsea Carr, 27 of Milford, was operating 2008 IC Corp School Bus and was stopping to pick up students at the next bus stop. As the bus lights were transitioning from yellow to red, the Tahoe failed to stop and struck the rear of the bus with the front bumper.

Wendy Lewis was transported to Milford Memorial Hospital by EMS where she was treated for non-life-threatening injuries. She was cited for Inattentive Driving and no seatbelt.

Chelsea Carr and one student,16 of Milford, on board the bus were uninjured in the collision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those darned things are so hard to see! There ought to be an app on my phone that warns me about vehicles stopped in front of me on the road! Maybe I could sync it with my back up cam...no, that's behind the car. I guess I could get another one for the front?

Oh, heck! why can't those little shoots just run along side and jump into the open door?

I NEED MY PHONE!!!!