Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 07, 2015

County to hire solar consultant

Citing a workable, but less than ideal solar arrangement in Pocomoke City, a favorable agreement in Wicomico County shepherded by solar power consultants CQI and a ticking clock on federal subsidies, Worcester County’s government staff was barely able to convince the county commissioners on Tuesday of the need for help in evaluating proposals.

“I go back to my days at the (U.S. Merchant Marine) academy,” County Attorney Sonny Bloxom said. “When I learned celestial navigation, they didn’t hand me a sextant and a textbook, I had professors and teachers to help guide me.”

For the past month, Worcester County officials have been entertaining the idea of installing a solar power production facility somewhere in the county to provide two megawatts of the approximately 8 megawatts of power county facilities use annually.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! But do you really think the NEXT DC crowd will be anxious to continue this welfare funding? I hope not because it is phony.

Steve said...

Anybody that uses a calculator can do that math. I'll do it for $100,000.

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU, Bunting, Elder & Mitrecic for not being blinded by the lure of SUBSIDIES - I am disappointed in the others for being duped into wasting my tax dollars for this :(

Anonymous said...

7:52 Do you even understand what Bunting and the others were voting against. Obviously not.