Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 08, 2015

Two dead and dozens injured in Pennsylvania 18-vehicle crash caused by blinding snow

Whiteout conditions in Pennsylvania caused a deadly 18-vehicle pile-up Wednesday afternoon as much of the norther-eastern U.S. grapples with a brutal winter storm that has seen temperatures crashing below zero.

Two people were killed in the crash on Interstate 80, near Clarion, Pennsylvania, and dozens more were injured.

Nine trucks, several of them tractor-trailers, and nine cars were involved in the crash that occurred at 1:40 p.m. in the westbound lanes of I-80 in Clarion Township, state police said.

'There was a whiteout. There was very heavy snow at the time with visibility virtually zero,' Clarion County Emergency Services director Vern Smith said.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow did not cause this to happen. Anyone who drives with 0 visibility is a moron.

Anonymous said...

And they can't say they aren't used to driving in snow and ice.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The snow did not cause this to happen. Anyone who drives with 0 visibility is a moron.

January 8, 2015 at 11:26 AM

You have never driven in a real snow storm. Whiteout conditions can happen without a moments notice. And some idiots will stop completely in their lane on a major highway/interstate.

Try to gain a little experience and knowledge before you call others morons.

Anonymous said...

7:15 No I haven't because I plan my trips and always check the weather before I leave. Why would you promote someone to drive in a snow storm. And you are not a moron, you are just plain stupid.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
7:15 No I haven't because I plan my trips and always check the weather before I leave. Why would you promote someone to drive in a snow storm. And you are not a moron, you are just plain stupid.

January 8, 2015 at 9:08 PM

I could tell you haven't but thanks for at least admitting it. Weather forecasts are always correct aren't they? Truck drivers HAVE to drive in snowstorms and in all kinds of weather, it's their job and you wouldn't have dinner if they didn't.

I don't know where you got the assumption that I promoted anyone to drive in a snow storm, much less people like you who could not do so.

Weather happens. It doesn't send an email to anyone that I know of to warn that it is coming.

And you can call me any thing you like, you've already proven you don't know a thing about what you're talking about.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
7:15 No I haven't

Then why even open your pie hole over something you know nothing about? Just typing a nonsense reply to insult others wins you no points, unless there is an ah contest going on, which I'm sure you will win.