Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Video Captures Exactly Why It Bugs So Many People When Cops Turn Their Lights on Just Before Crossing an Intersection

LANGUAGE WARNING ON VIDEO
We’ve all seen it. We’re waiting at a red light when a police officer waiting there with us decides to throw on his lights and cross through the intersection. Now a video shows exactly why that annoys so many people.

Before going any further, we should note that it’s unclear if the officer in this video actually got a call the moment he approached the intersection, was possibly going to a call without his lights and sirens on so as to not tip off his presence, or was simply using his authority to blow off the red light. But either way, the video still shows exactly what can happen when officers do it for valid or invalid purposes.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I had this same EXACT situation happen to me, but accident was much worst. I was living in Virginia Beach, same accident but higher speed on cops side. The cop who hit me jump out, was pissed, yelling, screaming and pointing his finger in my passenger and My faces, he even told witnesses to leave. Lucky for me two witnesses, some local nurses, stayed and called his supervisor. In 20 minutes, I went from being screamed at, to being apologized to, when his Supervisor and Duty Officer pulled up.

It's a bad feeling being hit by a cop. Automatically you assume you must have screwed up... and the cop will try to cover his ass. Advice, Don't let cops send witnesses away.

BTW I'm married to a Trooper, this is not a police bash

Anonymous said...

Joe, I'm not sure what you're point is here. Are you trying to get more people pissed at the police?

Anonymous said...

9:24 are you one that think cops should cover things up?

Anonymous said...

BTW I'm married to a Trooper, this is not a police bash

December 13, 2014 at 7:48 AM

my condolences.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Joe, I'm not sure what you're point is here. Are you trying to get more people pissed at the police?

December 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM

You don't know what the point is? you a cop by chance? that might explain it if you were.

Funny, Joe doesn't always post my (anti) comments about police and you think he is trying to provoke anger towards police.

Here's a clue: people are ALREADY pissed at cops. and it's because of what cops do not Joe or anyone else.

why can't you guys understand that, or more importantly, own up to it, is beyond me.

Anonymous said...

BTW, where has imclain been lately? I haven't seen him on here in awhile.