Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 01, 2014

Female teacher who had sex with students sentenced to six months in jail

A 25-year-old former math teacher who had sexual contact with two students at a Tacoma high school has been sentenced to six months in jail.

The News Tribune reports that former Lincoln High School teacher Meredith Powell cried and apologized Friday in court.

Pierce County Superior Court Judge Frank Cuthbertson says he believes Powell is remorseful, which is why he suspended all but six months of a five-year sentence and ordered her into a sex offender program open to first-time offenders.

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor boys.Poor stupid boys.

Anonymous said...

Wish I had a teacher like that , whoops I did , 1960 , still going on , cool.

Anonymous said...

where were these teachers when i was in school. i prayed for that ...

Anonymous said...

Lucky boys!

Anonymous said...

I constantly flunked math. I even skipped-out on classes because I couldn't grasp it.
The law calls her a sexual predator. I would've called her The Greatest Math Teacher In History. Are you kidding me? When I was 15, I would've made EVERY math class EVERY day with her as my teacher!
I assume it's not PC nowadays to say this: The first time "love conquered all" for me was when I was 15. She was 26. I look back on it as one of the most important Coming of Age moments in my life. Certainly not a crime.
I'll probably get some grief from this post... But that's how I feel.
And yes, before you go crazy on me, if it was a 26 year old male with a 15 year old girl, I'd scream for life without parole.
There IS a major difference!

Anonymous said...

I don't think a male teacher would get the same sentence!

Anonymous said...

. . . with two students . . .

At the same time? Or, first one, then the other? Was one a girl, and the other a boy? Or were both of them boys?

so many questions