Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Maryland Jiffy Lube Owner Becomes Veterans Crusader

It was Veterans Day 2013, a chilly November morning, when John Way was approached by a young job seeker. The applicant was a veteran and Way, who owns two Jiffy Lube locations in the Baltimore area, immediately identified with him.

“I have a sign on my building that says ‘Veteran Owned and Operated.’ He felt that he would get a chance from me,” Way said. “I wasn’t going to create bad karma by not hiring a veteran on Veteran’s Day. He told me his story and absolutely, I helped him out.”

This experience led Way to launch a goal in January 2014, that at least 50 percent of his new hires would be veterans by the end of the year.

More

No comments: