Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Letter To The Editor: HOME DEPOT AND HELPFUL PEOPLE

JOE - Just wanted you and your bloggers to know there really are nice companies and people in our area. Sometimes we don't say enough when nice things happen. This past Saturday I was out to Home Depot in Salisbury and was attempting to get into our vehicle when I slipped we were next to the curb, I completely fell down hard, and had knee surgery in the last couple of years. I called for help as I could not get up and one leg was completely under me. Two very nice men came to my aid who were in the parking lot the name of one of the gentleman was Dexter Wilson, the other unfortunately I do not have the name. These men were so nice they helped me get into the seat of the vehicle and went into Home Depot to let them know I had fallen without me even asking them, because they were so concerned. Both of these men were angels as far as I am concerned. The manager came out and wrote up my fall and was genuinely nice. I also have received two calls one Monday and one today from Home Depot checking on how I am doing. I just think everyone needs to know with all the negative things we here all the time that we truly have some nice employees, companies and some of the Eastern Shore's finest people in our midst, always remember to thank someone for good deeds.
Kathie Brittingham
Salisbury Md.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice to hear good news!!

Anonymous said...

Well I got kicked out of there last week. All I did was walk down the tool isle and all the stud finders went off.

Anonymous said...

1:01 OMG That's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

1:01, I don't think there is an "isle" (island) in Home Depot.

Anonymous said...

There are still a lot of nice people in the world! :-)

Anonymous said...

1:01-Be sure to empty your pockets the next time.

Anonymous said...

That is funny 1:01? So what are you doing later?

Anonymous said...

I'll be at my local VFW. Just ask for Big Johnson.

Anonymous said...

They were concerned because they don't want to be sued

Cathy said...

I also had a positive experience with Home Depot this week. The 1st Saturday of each month, HD hosts a kids workshop - free of charge. Bring your kid(s) to complete whatever project that have that month. Last Saturday was a bug box. My husband wasn't able to take my son but while he was in the store asked if he could grab a kit for him to build at home. We've done this in the past with no problem and of course they obliged. :)

I've been looking for some sort of bug habitat to include in a package for a family that I "adopted" who's 11 year old recently passed away from cancer. 2 of the brothers are into bugs and I have been searching for over a month for a bug habitat type thing to send them. I called Home Depot the other day and explained to them what I was doing for this family and asked if they happened to have any extra bug box kits from the kids workshop and that I would be willing to pay for them. Turns out they had 3 - so the 2 brothers who love bugs will be getting one as well as their youngest brother too! The manager I spoke with was Cathie and she was super helpful.

I've never had a bad experience in our local Home Depot. It's nice to see 1 positive story to every 5+ bad one.