Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Letter To The Editor 7-17-14

I (we) loved the vietnam wall link! Thanks for posting it. Here's a tidbit you might like. For your perusal: 

Finally, walmart was the place for a good experience for me...something I've never had until yesterday. An elderly gentleman in front of me in "the line" had on a cap with the Words "W.W. II VETERAN". When I remarked how I loved his hat he broke out in the biggest smile... A light conversation ensued & I shook his hand & thanked him for his service. He didn't stop smiling. He was interested to hear of my cousin "Bub". Bub was a veteran of the Korean war who had passed away just last year. The man's daughter told me of a memorial service they had recently attended for a Korean war veteran whose remains had just been identified and returned home for burial. So many years had passed since he went missing in action. She said they were very impressed with the beauty, dignity and solemnity of the service. She said it was if he had just passed a few days ago. She said the service was "magnificent" . To me it delivered a powerful message... "You are never forgotten!" The service was here at Wicomico memorial park. As she told me the story & when I think of it, I get goose bumps. Who'd have thought right here in our little town...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We remember our own, our brothers and sisters in arms, recognizing their service, their sacrifices.
Thank you for your kind words.

HMCM, Retired

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome, Sir! Thank you for your service.